Can't-Be-Beet Roasted Potato Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes and onions in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- 2. Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. For dressing, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, thyme, pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 4. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 135 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Can't-Be-Beet Roasted Potato Salad
"colorful and tasty!"
"This was a fabulous and savory dish! Everyone in my family loved it, even the kids. It will definately be made again, as well as put into our favorite recipe section!"
"This is a great recipe and a different way of using beets that isn't too sugary. I will make it again!"