“You'll love the combination of beets and balsamic dressing in this lovely addition to your holiday meal!” -Jennifer Fisher of Austin, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes and onions in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, thyme, pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Can't-Be-Beet Roasted Potato Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p41
Reviews for Can't-Be-Beet Roasted Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review