- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small saucepan, heat chili. Divide corn chips between two plates; top with chili. Layer with cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, olives and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Camping Haystacks
Sort By :
If you make this as a "Walking Taco" you can take it hiking. Just put the other ingredients inside a frito chip single serving bag.
We call this Frito Pie at home. This recipe is a staple in our home. It is the prefect quick meal on a busy night. You can customize it with so many different toppings and meat options.
We've always called this frito pie. A good meal in a pinch with onions and mexican blend cheese.
I grew up having these in boarding school and still make them for my family today. They are super easy and you can make them many different ways.
mlujdu !!! REALLY?!?!... do you not have better things to do with your time!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >