- 8 bacon strips
- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 1 pound each)
- 8 lemon slices
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Place each trout on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). Place lemon and onions in the trout cavities; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap trout with bacon. Fold foil around trout and seal tightly.
- Place carrots on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Fold foil around carrots and seal tightly.
- Grill carrots, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add trout packets to grill; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and carrots are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Trout Dinner in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p62
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Campfire Trout Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review