Served in a corn chip bag, this easy outdoor meal from Jean Komlos of Plymouth, Michigan is flavorful and fun. “My neighbor entertained Girl Scouts with this clever recipe,” she says.
- 6 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (8 ounces) mild salsa
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cut the top off each bag of chips; set aside. Place chili in a saucepan; cook on a grill over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chili into each bag of chips. Top with cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Taco Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 17
Reviews for Campfire Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review