Eva Knight's speedy single-pan meal revives comforting memories from her childhood. "The recipe goes back many years to my days at Girl Scout camp," comments the Nashua, New Hampshire cook. "It's so fun and flavorful it became an instant hit with my family."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 353 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,428 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.