Eva Knight's speedy single-pan meal revives comforting memories from her childhood. "The recipe goes back many years to my days at Girl Scout camp," comments the Nashua, New Hampshire cook. "It's so fun and flavorful it became an instant hit with my family."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Stew in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p14
Reviews for Campfire Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review