Campfire Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Stew
Sort By :
"Yes, yes! I've been searching for this recipe for years, and remember adding the corn AND the detergent outside of the pot for an easy clean-up. Don't know why it isn't included in our original GS books. Can't wait to recreate it! Tx!!!!"
"The OUTSIDE of the pan!"
"I remember making it in LARGE quantities for a Girl Scout Troop. WE used 2 cans of tomato soup and canned corn for the vegetables. Remember coating the cooking pot with dishwasher detergent so that the fire would not scorch the pan and it would clean easily?"