We like grilling because it's a no-fuss way to make a meal. This pleasing potato recipe is one we use often! The onion, cheddar cheese and Worscestershire sauce combine to make a super side dish for any grilled meat. Plus, cooking in the foil makes cleanup a breeze. —JoAnn Dettbarn, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 20 in.); dot with butter. Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth. Seal the edges of foil well. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p29
Reviews for Campfire Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review