Campfire Potatoes Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 20 in.); dot with butter. Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth. Seal the edges of foil well. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Potatoes
Sort By :
These were okay but I will probably just stick to my normal recipe next time. I have never used broth or any type of liquid in foil pack grilled potatoes before... All it seemed to do was turn the cheese into a watery mess.
Delicious! This will have a repeat performance at our dinner table.
My boys and hubby really enjoyed this and my hubby has never enjoyed the traditional "scalloped potatoes" type of preparation! Like another reviewer, I made individual foil packets (4) to bake in the oven set on a cookie sheet--around 375 degrees for about an hour. I sliced the potatoes no larger than 1/8 inch and they came out tender but not mushy. Good flavor mixture! I will be making these again and will also try the grill directions sometime as well.
Very good! I used a casserole dish and put in oven at 350 for just over an hr, turned out awesome! Very easy too.