"When cooking out, my family prefers these sweet tender onions instead of potatoes," shares Barbara Magruder of Odessa, Missouri. They make an especially flavorful side dish alongside grilled steaks.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large sweet onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut each onion into 12 wedges; divide among eight pieces of
- double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top onions
- with butter, honey and seasonings. Fold foil to seal packets
- tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each
- side or until onions are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.