- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in chilies and corn; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Hash
Sort By :
"This would also be good with a can of black beans and a toss of fresh cilantro at the end . Otherwise I would not add corn. This is ver versatile and can be made to your family likes"
"My daughter and I do something similar on the grill. Cut up kiebasa, potatoes, add some carrots, onion, seasoning salt and some ice cubes (for moisture). It's done in about 40 minutes or so. No clean-up when done in a foil packet."
"Nice easy recipe to whip up on a weeknight. Husband loved it...."
"My family really likes this. We add a green bell pepper and cream of mushroom soup. It's on the regular dinner rotation now. Thanks for the recipe."
"I think I made a wrong turn somewhere. Didn't turn out good at all. I will prolly make something similar but won't follow this recipe."