In our area we are able to camp almost all year-round. My family invented this recipe using ingredients we all love so we could enjoy them on the campfire. This hearty meal tastes so good after a full day of outdoor activities. —Janet Danilow, Winkleman, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in
- oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and
- browned, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in chilies and corn; heat
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 535 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer