Campfire Fried Fish
Dad will be so impressed when you serve this main dish on Father's day! You can choose his favorite fish to fry up.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 pounds walleye, bluegill or perch fillets
- Canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag,
- combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and paprika. Dip fillets in eggs,
- then roll in flour mixture.
- Add 1/4 in. of oil to a large cast-iron skillet; place skillet on
- grill rack over medium-hot heat. Fry fillets in oil in batches for
- 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked fish equals 495 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 266 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.