Campfire Fried Fish Recipe
Dad will be so impressed when you serve this main dish on Father's day! You can choose his favorite fish to fry up.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 pounds walleye, bluegill or perch fillets
- Canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and paprika. Dip fillets in eggs, then roll in flour mixture.
- Add 1/4 in. of oil to a large cast-iron skillet; place skillet on grill rack over medium-hot heat. Fry fillets in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Fried Fish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p202
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Campfire Fried Fish(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >