Cinnamon rolls get the toasty treatment when wrapped around skewers and warmed over a fire. Brush with butter, then sprinkle with sugar and spice. —Lauren Knoelke, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside icing from cinnamon rolls.
- Separate cinnamon rolls; cut each in half. Roll each half into a 6-in. rope. Tightly wrap one rope around a long metal skewer, starting 1/2 in. from end; pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining cinnamon rolls.
- Cook over a hot campfire 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Transfer reserved icing to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Cinnamon Twists in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Campfire Cinnamon Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review