Campfire Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Place two pieces of chicken on each of four double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Divide the potatoes, carrots and green pepper among the packets. Top each with soup, water, salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 606 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Reviews for Campfire Chicken Stew
"Very good and so easy for camping. Will use it again and again."
"This recipe was tasty and fun but we thought that it needed a little more texture, next time we will grill the chicken first to make a crispier skin. It was so easy to put together and very satisfying."
"I used chicken breasts, and about 1/4 italian dressing. It was very good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.