Campfire Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Place two pieces of chicken on each of four double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Divide the potatoes, carrots and green pepper among the packets. Top each with soup, water, salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 606 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Campfire Chicken Stew
"tried this on our smoker and it was great!! homerun!!"
"Very good and so easy for camping. Will use it again and again."
"This recipe was tasty and fun but we thought that it needed a little more texture, next time we will grill the chicken first to make a crispier skin. It was so easy to put together and very satisfying."
"I used chicken breasts, and about 1/4 italian dressing. It was very good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.