Because they make individual portions, you can tailor these chicken and vegetable "casseroles" to suit everyone's tastes. They're great when camping with a group.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast in the center of a piece of foil. Divide carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and onion equally and place on top and around each piece of chicken. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter and about 2 tablespoons soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of each breast and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. To serve, carefully unwrap packets to allow steam to escape; spoon contents onto individual plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Casseroles in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p88
Reviews for Campfire Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review