- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast in the center of a piece of foil. Divide carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and onion equally and place on top and around each piece of chicken. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter and about 2 tablespoons soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of each breast and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. To serve, carefully unwrap packets to allow steam to escape; spoon contents onto individual plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Casseroles
"This was a-mazing !!! It will definitely be a favorite. I didn't add mushrooms as i was out and i didn't have fresh onions so i sprinkled dried minced onions in along with Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning instead of the salt/pepper. The chicken literally melted in your mouth."
"This sounds like my girl scout days recipe, along with "sumores"! Great1"