Campfire Casseroles Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast in the center of a piece of foil. Divide carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and onion equally and place on top and around each piece of chicken. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter and about 2 tablespoons soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of each breast and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. To serve, carefully unwrap packets to allow steam to escape; spoon contents onto individual plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Casseroles(3)
Sort By :
This was a-mazing !!! It will definitely be a favorite. I didn't add mushrooms as i was out and i didn't have fresh onions so i sprinkled dried minced onions in along with Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning instead of the salt/pepper. The chicken literally melted in your mouth.
This is a great when you are camping or in the summer when you don't want to heat up your house, they are great on the grill.
When I was growing up these were called foil dinners. We would use a ground beef hamburger mix and then add sliced carrots, green onion, and any frozen or fresh vegetable we had on hand. Fast and easy, yummy good!Top with grated cheese to make extra yummy!
This sounds like my girl scout days recipe, along with "sumores"! Great1
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilling Recipes >