- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in the beans. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p90
Reviews for Campfire Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2008
"Why does every campfire recipe have to include ground beef, beans or hot dogs? I've written 3 camping cookbooks and edited dozens of others. I hardly every use these ingredients?"