Campfire Bundles Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first eight ingredients on three pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with sausage; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and grill 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Bundles(12)
Sort By :
This recipe is Awesome!! The entire family loves it when we make it!
My daughter and I make these packets on the grill quite regularly. We do it with marinated chicken breasts or kielbasa. Easy to make, easy to clean up. Great any time!!! Even in the winter!!
I didnt make on the grill. I followed all the directions then put in a 13x9 pan and cooked 350-425 for 60 mins or until cooked. I added 1/4 C water on the bottom of the pan. It was wonderful...amazing good
Didn't really care for this. I like veggies but there seemed to be too much. Also it took a lot of time to cut up everything. The peppers and sweet onion made it a little too sweet. I might try doing it again but adjusting the veggies to my taste, and adding some herbs.
Fantastic! Can easily feed 4 adults with extra helpings. I also added flavor and left out tomato. Next time, I'll double the sausage and add even more veggies. So easy, no dishes and the taste is excellent. I made mac & cheese as a side dish and threw an extra bundle on the grill for dessert of apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >