I created this recipe on a family camping trip. I'd brought along a hodgepodge of ingredients, so I just threw them all together in a foil packet. Everyone said that the bundles were delicious. Ever since, I've grilled them at home with equally good results. —Lauri Krause, Jackson, Nebraska
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first eight ingredients on three pieces of double-layered
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with sausage; dot with
- butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and
- seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and grill 30
- minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully
- to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 582 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 16 g protein.