Campfire Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound uncooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices, cooked and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add cooked beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in all of the beans.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 336 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1456mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Campfire Beans
"Very good! Love the flavor! Will make again."
"Great baked beans. Easy to assemble and do ahead. I was out of bratwurst so we substituted mild italian sausage links. Next time will hold out for the bratwurst."
"It is a meal by itself, or a side for the hearty eater. Can be cooked by the fire, just remember to turn the pot and stir. I add a little more water as it cooks down quickly when placed on the fire. Wonderful flavor."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer