Campfire Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices, cooked and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add cooked beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in all of the beans.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,456 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer