- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound uncooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices, cooked and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add cooked beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in all of the beans.
- Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Campfire Beans
"Very good! Love the flavor! Will make again."
"Great baked beans. Easy to assemble and do ahead. I was out of bratwurst so we substituted mild italian sausage links. Next time will hold out for the bratwurst."
"It is a meal by itself, or a side for the hearty eater. Can be cooked by the fire, just remember to turn the pot and stir. I add a little more water as it cooks down quickly when placed on the fire. Wonderful flavor."