When we go camping with family and friends, I'm always asked to make this hearty breakfast. It's a favorite at home, too. —Linda Krivanek, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, turning once.
- Push potato mixture to the sides of pan. Pour eggs into center of pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; stir eggs into potato mixture. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Camper's Breakfast Hash in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 16
Reviews for Camper's Breakfast Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review