Camembert Souffles Recipe
Set the mood for a romantic morning meal with these beautiful souffles. They can help to make an ordinary morning special. —Irina Ummel, Arlington, Texas
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 ounce Camembert cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Dash cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat two 8-oz. ramekins with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, nutmeg and cayenne until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the Gruyere, Camembert, sherry and mustard until cheeses are melted. Remove from heat. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 3. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4. In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold egg whites into cheese mixture until combined. Transfer to prepared ramekins.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 souffle (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 253 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Camembert Souffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC