Calzone Pinwheels Recipe
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Italian seasoning and salt. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- 2. Spread cheese mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into four slices.
- 3. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 serving (1 each) equals 118 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.