- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread rectangles with cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into four slices; place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Calzone Pinwheels
"These are easy to make and great for a Sunday afternoon of watching football! This is a cross of pizza and lasagne with the addition of the ricotta cheese.Family friendly recipe! Very good!"
"These were pretty good. The sauce made them taste better. I left out the mushrooms."
"Good but needed more flsvor. I'd up the seasoning but would make again."
"These were very easy to make and very yummy! I omitted the peppers and mushrooms and switched out the pepperoni for some kolbassa I had on hand. I took them to a party and they were a real hit! Will definitely make them again."
"We love these. I make them every Christmas eve. I leave out the pepperoni and add more mushrooms and green pepper instead."
"These were just OK. Was disappointed in the lack of flavor."
"It sounds so good also the combo with the sauce will make it a winner."
"Such a fun and delicious appetizer! Party goers always enjoy these bites and they go together in no time!!! You can serve them with marinara sauce instead of pizza sauce."
"Yum! These wre excellent. I used refrigerated pizza crust instead of the crescent rolls and left out the peppers and mushrooms. I added some chopped leftover steak."
"We were a bit afraid of ricotta cheese but these pinwheels were excellent. I omitted the pizza sauce for my own marinara sauce."