Calypso Pork 'n' Garbanzos Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the pork in a large bowl; sprinkle with chili powder. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and onion for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the beans, salsa, salt and pork; cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 362 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Calypso Pork 'n' Garbanzos
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.