These cup-shaped cookies go over great at any occasion. I like to tint the frosting to coordinate with the event. —Lorraine Kaczmarek, Steubenville, OH
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- Finely chopped walnuts and/or additional flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups.
- In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients; spoon into cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, shortening, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Remove cups from pans. Top with frosting. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts and/or coconut. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Calypso Cups in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p56
Reviews for Calypso Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review