Calypso Burritos Recipe
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning and cumin. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and cilantro. Spoon about 2/3 cupful filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Calypso Burritos
"Great taste, added some tofutti"
"wasn't really good as a wrap, a little sloppy"
"I wasnt impressed the first time I made these because I thought they were a little bland, but I added more taco seasoning and salsa the next time as well as made them into tacos rather than burritos. They were REALLY good after adding just a little more seasoning. I like to garnish with a little sour cream. VERY VERY GOOD."
"These were delicious! I will be making these burritos over and over again because they are so good for you...only 7 points on weightwatchers!"
"These were very good. I used cheddar rather than mozzarella and my whole family enjoyed them. We didn't miss the meat at all!"
"I enjoyed this very much. We've been having one vegetarian day each week and this definitely worked for it."
"These were delicious! I didn't have any carrots or zucchini but used everything else. They were excellent! DH, who is usually a meat and potatoes kind of guy, said they tasted so good, and you couldn't even tell there wasn't any meat in them, and gobbled down 3 of these! Definately will make them again!"