Calypso Burritos Recipe
When Darlene Deeg builds a burrito, she uses a bounty of beans, veggies, cheese and salsa. “My husband doesn't notice he's not getting meat,” she pens from Vernon, British Columbia. “Serve them with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and avocado. Leftovers make a great taco salad topping.”
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning and cumin. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and cilantro. Spoon about 2/3 cupful filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito equals 349 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Calypso Burritos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC