- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning and cumin. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and cilantro. Spoon about 2/3 cupful filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Calypso Burritos
"Great taste, added some tofutti"
"wasn't really good as a wrap, a little sloppy"
"I wasnt impressed the first time I made these because I thought they were a little bland, but I added more taco seasoning and salsa the next time as well as made them into tacos rather than burritos. They were REALLY good after adding just a little more seasoning. I like to garnish with a little sour cream. VERY VERY GOOD."
"These were delicious! I will be making these burritos over and over again because they are so good for you...only 7 points on weightwatchers!"
"These were very good. I used cheddar rather than mozzarella and my whole family enjoyed them. We didn't miss the meat at all!"