Callaway Gardens' Southern Fried Chicken
Our team of chefs conducted taste test on several friend chicken recipes—changing, deleting and adding ingredients—until we came up with a recipe we thought tasted the most like down-home country fried chicken.—Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min./batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil on medium-high; fry chicken
- in batches for 18-20 minutes or until juice run clear, turning once.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.