Callaway Gardens' Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil on medium-high; fry chicken in batches for 18-20 minutes or until juice run clear, turning once. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Callaway Gardens' Southern Fried Chicken(1)
Sort By :
This seasoning is fabulous!! It makes a lot so you can save some aside in a ziploc bag to use at a later date. I did and it worked great. (Be sure and discard any that is left after shaking your chicken, though) I also used boneless chicken and decreased the cooking time. YUM!!!