Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
Your tea tray will be blooming beautiful with these novel lily-shaped sandwiches. The tasty chicken, mayonnaise and herb filling will delight guests at your next luncheon or shower. —Leann Williams, Beaverton, Oregon
18 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 18 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 18 pieces (1 inch each) julienned carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; stir in chicken
- and celery; set aside. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of
- bread to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spread with
- butter. Roll up into a funnel shape, overlapping the two adjacent
- sides; secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon chicken filling into each sandwich. Cover with
- plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle sandwiches with parsley. Insert a carrot
- piece into the filling of each sandwich. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium,