- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 18 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 18 pieces (1 inch each) julienned carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; stir in chicken and celery; set aside. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spread with butter. Roll up into a funnel shape, overlapping the two adjacent sides; secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon chicken filling into each sandwich. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle sandwiches with parsley. Insert a carrot piece into the filling of each sandwich. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman August/September 2007, p26
Reviews for Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2009
"It is easier to make a Calla Lily shape if you cut the bread slices into triangles instead of a square. Overlap the two points from the long side and you will have a wrapped shape with a point just like a Calla Lily."