Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches Recipe
Your tea tray will be blooming beautiful with these novel lily-shaped sandwiches. The tasty chicken, mayonnaise and herb filling will delight guests at your next luncheon or shower. —Leann Williams, Beaverton, Oregon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 18 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 18 pieces (1 inch each) julienned carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; stir in chicken and celery; set aside. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spread with butter. Roll up into a funnel shape, overlapping the two adjacent sides; secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon chicken filling into each sandwich. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle sandwiches with parsley. Insert a carrot piece into the filling of each sandwich. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman August/September 2007, p26
Reviews for Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2009
It is easier to make a Calla Lily shape if you cut the bread slices into triangles instead of a square. Overlap the two points from the long side and you will have a wrapped shape with a point just like a Calla Lily.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >