Call me Leo Cupcakes
Little ones will roar with joy when you present these kings of the jungle. They're simple to make, too. The kids can help.
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 24 yellow cupcakes baked in orange foil liners
- Orange Fruit Gems
- Black decorating icing
- Blue and brown M&M's miniature baking bits
- Orange, red and yellow Dots candy, cut into quarters
- Tint frosting orange; frost cupcakes. Place a fruit gem on cupcake
- for face.
- Using the black decorator icing, add miniature M&Ms for eyes and
- nose. Pipe a few dots for whiskers and pipe mouth.
- For the mane, arrange Dot quarters, rounded side facing up, around
- the outer edge. Add cheerio ears.
- Yield: 24 cupcakes.
Editor's Note: Sunkist Fruit Gems were used create the lion's mane.