California Wassail Recipe
Here’s a healthy and delicious warm punch that’s a cozy way to welcome family and friends in from the cold or just celebrate the season. Serve in small cups, as it tastes best when piping hot! —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 24 whole cloves
- 1 large navel orange, cut into six wedges
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1. Insert four cloves into each orange wedge. In a Dutch oven, combine the orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice. Add orange wedges, cherries and cinnamon sticks.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for California Wassail
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC