California Wassail Recipe
- 24 whole cloves
- 1 large navel orange, cut into six wedges
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert four cloves into each orange wedge. In a Dutch oven, combine the orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice. Add orange wedges, cherries and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as California Wassail in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p23
Reviews for California Wassail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review