California Tossed Salad Recipe
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 194 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for California Tossed Salad
"An easy to put together salad. I find the artichoke marinade a bit bland and would add some dried herbs, minced garlic, and maybe a little bit of dijon mustard for extra flavor."