California Tossed Salad
Even though I'm retired, I'm busier than ever! Served with crusty French bread, this speedy salad is a meal in itself.Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 194 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.