California Tossed Salad Recipe
Even though I'm retired, I'm busier than ever! Served with crusty French bread, this speedy salad is a meal in itself.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 194 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for California Tossed Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC