Even though I'm retired, I'm busier than ever! Served with crusty French bread, this speedy salad is a meal in itself.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as California Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p88
Reviews for California Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2014
"An easy to put together salad. I find the artichoke marinade a bit bland and would add some dried herbs, minced garlic, and maybe a little bit of dijon mustard for extra flavor."