Even though I'm retired, I'm busier than ever! Served with crusty French bread, this speedy salad is a meal in itself.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as California Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p88
Reviews for California Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2014
"An easy to put together salad. I find the artichoke marinade a bit bland and would add some dried herbs, minced garlic, and maybe a little bit of dijon mustard for extra flavor."