- cool slightly. Cover with a damp cloth to keep moist. (Rice mixture
- may be made up to 2 hours ahead and stored at room temperature,
- covered with a damp towel. Do not refrigerate.)
- Sprinkle toasted and black sesame seeds onto a plate; set aside.
- Place sushi mat on a work surface so mat rolls away from you; line
- with plastic wrap. Place 3/4 cup rice on plastic. With moistened
- fingers, press rice into an 8-in. square. Top with one nori sheet.
- Arrange a small amount of cucumber, crab and avocado about 1-1/2 in.
- from bottom edge of nori sheet. Roll up rice mixture over filling,
- using the bamboo mat to lift and compress the mixture while rolling;
- remove plastic wrap as you roll.
- Remove mat; roll sushi rolls in sesame seeds. Cover with plastic
- wrap. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make eight rolls. Cut
- each into eight pieces. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger
- slices if desired.
- Yield: 64 pieces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer