California Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, combine guacamole and salad dressing.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with chili powder and Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute shrimp until pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Place two shrimp in each taco shell. Top with 1/3 cup corn salsa; drizzle with 1 tablespoon guacamole mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 342 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.