- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, combine guacamole and salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with chili powder and Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute shrimp until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place two shrimp in each taco shell. Top with 1/3 cup corn salsa; drizzle with 1 tablespoon guacamole mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for California Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa
Sort By :
Really, really good! Easy and very flavorful.
Not a keeper, but ok.
Really liked the corn salsa and guac. Didn't like the chili powder/cajun seasoning on the shrimp, but it could have been the brand of chili powder I used. Tried again using Old El Paso taco seasoning from a package and cooked the shrimp in 1 tbsp. canola oil. We really loved the tacos this way and will definitely make again! This recipe is so easy and the salsa and guac can be made ahead of time.
This was awesome!!! Pleasantly surprised. I didn't use cilantro nor the chili powder as kids don't like spicy and hubby hates cilantro. It was delicious!!
Loved it. I used this recipe for just veggie tacos when I ran out of shrimp.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >