California Roast Lamb Recipe
- 1 leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 to 5 large fresh artichokes, quartered
- Fresh lemon slices
- 1. Cut slits in lamb; insert garlic. Rub meat with salt, pepper and oregano. Roast at 400° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; roast 1 hour more. Skim off any fat in pan; pour tomato sauce, water and lemon juice over lamb. Place artichokes around meat. Roast 1 hour longer or to desired doneness, basting occasionally with pan juices. Garnish with lemon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 148 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for California Roast Lamb
"Love, love, love this recipe. I used celery and onion salts along with a lime and Marjoram as I didn't have the other ingredients to hand."
"it was juicy and delicious!!!!"