California Quiche Recipe
Enjoy this quiche for a wonderfully simple weeknight dinner, or serve it for a hearty weekend brunch. With both Havarti and cream cheese in every bite, this dish is elegant and rich, yet filling.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and patted dry
- 1 medium plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cheeses and vegetables.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato slices. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over both sides of each slice of bread. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with quiche. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for California Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC