I clipped this recipe from the newspaper years ago and it had been a family favorite ever since. California grows many avocados, and this is my favorite way to use them.
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Additional parsley
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, pepper, caraway seeds, lemon juice and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, potatoes, onion and half of the bacon. Add sour cream mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer salad to a large serving bowl. Arrange tomato wedges around outer edge; sprinkle with parsley and remaining bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as California Potato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p41
Reviews for California Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review