“This is a delicious lunch or light dinner for two,” writes Sheila Martin of LaQuinta, California. Tortillas make the convenient crust for these crispy personal pizzas topped with fresh vegetables and cheese.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with onion
- mixture, oregano, garlic powder, tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each
- pizza into four wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 245 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.