“This is a delicious lunch or light dinner for two,” writes Sheila Martin of LaQuinta, California. Tortillas make the convenient crust for these crispy personal pizzas topped with fresh vegetables and cheese.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with onion mixture, oregano, garlic powder, tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into four wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as California Pizzas in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p55
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for California Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review